Slipping in some Tongue!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
I tried to write this once, and by browser ate it! :mad:

Short form: Short day, what to hike? Tongue Range near Lake George. WET snow last night. Northern approach covered with 3-6" of WET snow. Did I mention WET?! It 'rained' on us today from the melting snow. Slow going, but we made it. Nice views! No rattlers! :D

If you want more info, let me know.

Short form: Short day, what to hike? Tongue Range near Lake George. WET snow last night. Northern approach covered with 3-6" of WET snow. Did I mention WET?! It 'rained' on us today from the melting snow. Slow going, but we made it. Nice views! No rattlers! :D

If you want more info, let me know.

I want more info! What do you expect... you were glossan over it.

I use Microsoft's OneNote to compose trip reports and any complex or long post. It is an add-on to Office, and a stripped down version of Word, but much easier to copy/paste from than Word. It is possible to organize one's posts in a hierarchy of notebooks, pages, and sub-pages (a poor man's database). And with a few well placed extra spaces within the VBulletin tags it is possible for the hyperlinks to be clickable/hot within OneNote. It also allows me to search through my archive or former posts on my computer which is much faster than searching the forum sites on the web. In my system I set each OneNote page title as a hyperlink to the forum thread as a cross reference.

Short posts (like this one) I just type in the browser. If I remember I will copy the post to the clipboard just before preview or submit as a potential backup, but I don't always remember. I will have to look into the Lazarus Recovery Form add-on for the occasional browser/internet burp.

Actually, it was user stupidity. I accidentally typed the 'close' sequence, and away went my TR! :eek: I was typing with a band aid on one of my fingers, which probably lead to the gaffe.

I will give Lazarus a look-see though, thanks!

As for you John, you're just paying lip service! :D

Are you using Firefox? If so, get the Lazarus Recovery Form add-on. It's saved me hours of grief a countless number of times.

the worst is hitting the left CTRL key instead of SHIFT when trying to do upper case letters.. Who knows what you are doing, one of them is usually exit/close/quit!!!!

jay

Control-Shift-T will re-open a closed tab, possibly saving you from your finger flub.

Tim
Interesting! Unfortunately, whatever I typed closed all the (1?) tab(s), completely closing the browser.

And I just tested 'Lazarus' and it recovered the text I had already typed in this box. :)