suggestion needed for kennel in Lake Placid/Keene area

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdl

Reaction score
I'm going to be in the Lake Placid/Keene area next week along with my dog. I would like to hike 1-2 days at the AMR hence need someplace for my dog to stay on those days. Any suggestions of a good kennel or dogsitters along the Rt 73 corridor ?

Bob

A vet or shelter local to the area might be able to put you in touch with a kennel, as might the chamber of commerce. Personally, without being able to tour or interview the kennel facilities and personnel before hand, I would likely opt to find a reputable veterinarian that offered boarding services.

High Peaks Animal Hospital in Ray Brook has always been helpful to me, and I know they do some boarding. Have fun!

High Peaks Animal Hospital
Rt. 86, Ray Brook, NY 12977
518-891-4410

rdl said:
I'm going to be in the Lake Placid/Keene area next week along with my dog. I would like to hike 1-2 days at the AMR hence need someplace for my dog to stay on those days. Any suggestions of a good kennel or dogsitters along the Rt 73 corridor ?

Bob
Not too far away in Vermontville (along Route 3 a short distance north of Saranac Lake):

DOG GROOMING & BOARDING
The Dapper Dog - Swinger Rd., Vermontville, N. Y. 12989, 518-891-4441.
Email: [email protected]

mtneqgurl said:
High Peaks Animal Hospital in Ray Brook has always been helpful to me, and I know they do some boarding. Have fun!

High Peaks Animal Hospital
Rt. 86, Ray Brook, NY 12977
518-891-4410

Second that option. Over the years we've kenneled our dogs there. They enjoyed their stay and the staff seemed very friendly. They also tended nicely to one of my huskies sore paws after a moutain hike. No injuries or anything, but they did paid extra attention to them (no extra charge) for the next day or two.

Another good possibility that is closer to Keene Valley is the Adirondack Veterinary Hospital on Rt. 9N between Westport and Elizabethtown at Exit 31. Phone # 962-4311.