Sunapee ski slopes hiking and skiing

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audrey

Reaction score
Pat and I headed to Sunapee yesterday to ski the leftover snow but were told by a woman at the Spruce Lodge (don't know her position) that we were not allowed. What with all the rules at Wildcat, Cannon, etc., we wanted to be good citizens and asked the question. Their website states that hiking is allowed on the slopes but I could find nothing about skiing when the area closes.

So, we had a nice hike (on the hiking trails) but on the way down met a couple ascending with their skis. They hadn't asked and weren't stopped by anyone that they had met. An event was scheduled for today and the base area had lots of people preparing for it.

Just FYI so we can add to the confusion. Anyway, Waterville's closing tomorrow and we'll still be able to get the skis on some snow next week!

I've never had a problem using the ski slopes there before, but I've never tried during the ski season. It's also been a few years, so take that for what it's worth. My hunch is that you won't have a problem 9 times out of 10, and this person was just a not-quite-informed underling.