Table Top Mountain #2?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dom15931

Reaction score
To the NE of the main and highest summit of Table Top there appears to be another summit which on the topo map is in the 280' range for prominence? I wonder how close this actually is to 300' and if it has a herd path?

This has intrigued me for a while. Anybody have any info/been there? Does this summit make any lists?

-Dom

Yeah, it's on the 770 or NY3k and ADK 222 which are just chopped up parts of the 770. It would be an official 4k in NE but NY uses 300' ft rule. No herd path, at all. Views basically suck and the top is a blowdown field with a small eratic marking the summit. The climb up it gets pretty thick, going down to the col is pretty good once your away from the top of TT. In winter or standing on the blowdown the views would be great towards the range. Howard the peak close by also has a blowdown field and in winter the views offer a unique look at the Great Range.

Yeah, it's on the 770 or NY3k and ADK 222 which are just chopped up parts of the 770. It would be an official 4k in NE but NY uses 300' ft rule. No herd path, at all. Views basically suck and the top is a blowdown field with a small eratic marking the summit. The climb up it gets pretty thick, going down to the col is pretty good once your away from the top of TT. In winter or standing on the blowdown the views would be great towards the range. Howard the peak close by also has a blowdown field and in winter the views offer a unique look at the Great Range.

Great info. Thanks a lot! Looks like this will be a tough whack. One of my hiking pals needs Tabletop. This gives me a reason to re-do Table Top with him and then go after this second summit.

Thanks!

-Dom

The normal name applied to it is Table Top East. It's a little scruffy but it is relatively short too. On a hot day you'll be wearing a nice spruce needle coat for sure. Sounds like a fun trip if it is just there and back and your buddy doesn't whack much. It will be that, "hey remember that time we" and stand out from a typical 46 trail hike for sure.

When Cory and I whacked to Tabletop East from Tabletop I thought the whack was pretty easy.

But, beware of taking any other route to or from TTop East.