Tecumseh via Mt. Tecumseh, Sosman and ski trails - 4/19

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poison ivy

Reaction score
Trail conditions: First mile of the Mt. Tecumseh Trail has beach-sand consistency snow and patches of melted out places. If you stick to the rail, you won't posthole. First two brook crossings were easily rock hoppable. Snowbridge on the third crossing has collapsed... I didn't have any trouble rock hopping but my boots did get a little wet (others appeared to have more trouble with the second and third crossings but they were trying to keep their shoes dry, I think.) Trail up to Sosman junction is well packed and easily barebootable. Reminder of the trail to the summit was like walking on a balance beam... still several feet of snow to sink into if you're off the beam. Snowshoes definitely needed for the Sosman Trail. Ski trails were a little mushy but I was able to sled down almost all the way.

Special equipment: Snowshoes needed for the Sosman trail, otherwise barebootable if you watch your foot placement.

Comments: Glad to get in one last Swiss Bob run before the snow melts out completely. Pictures here.

Last edited: