The Battle of Lexington

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max

Reaction score
After a month of planning, and then a morning of preparations, my wife Patti and I loaded up the Tracker, and set forth to battle the forces of evil (e.g. the eastbound traffic on Massachusetts Rt. 2). An hour later, after a 50 mile slog, we finally arrived in Lexington and celebrated the conquest with a large group of like-minded expeditioners. Also making the dangerous journey were Kris & Dan, Ginger, Eric & Valerie, Fatima & Jim, Julie, Seema, Rich & Pat. We all joined Audrey and Pat to celebrate Pat's birthday and to sample the enormous quantity of expedition vittles. It was wonderful to once again see those I'd met before, and better yet to meet the new faces as well. The wine was good, the pizza even better, and the conversation topped them all. Too many high points to mention...though I have to admit to Seema that my wife is now insanely jealous of her beautiful hair! :D

Thanks Pat and Audrey for opening up your home to us all. Like the summits the day before, the conditions were perfect!

Thanks to everyone for making our potluck a great success. I was very happy that EVERYTHING got eaten and I didn't have to stare at leftovers. Next time we'll have to do some kind of show and tell - slides, pictures...just to prove that the tall stories are true.

Great party, Audrey and Pat!

Many thanks, Audrey and Pat for a great party! Yummy food, too. Fun to meet people from VFTT who now are not faceless! John was sad that he missed out on a great evening! :)

I'm so sorry I missed it ... but I have to say that spending the weekend at Killington learning to ski was pretty darned fun!

I may blow off one day at Wonalancet and hit Loon or Bretton Woods. :D