The Bonds, via Wilderness/Bondcliff Trails 6-2-14

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiteman

Reaction score
Date of Hike 6-2-14

Trails Lincoln Woods, Wilderness, Bondcliff

Trail Conditions: All trails in great shape. A little mud here and there (naturally). River/stream crossing no problems. No new blowdown, just a few big trees here and there which present no problems.

Comments Perfect day to complete my 48. On the trail just after 5, cool temps for the hike up to Bondcliff. Did the obligatory photographs, then wandered over to Bond, then West Bond for #48. Trails were pretty empty, it being Monday and all. The weather was spectacular. Black flies no problem early, but kind of pesky in the late afternoon. Back out the way we came. Finished at 6:30, and left aching (quite literally) for a celebratory beer and burger.

BTW: We were happy to find breakfast available just before 5:00 AM at Wayne's on Rte 3 in N. Woodstock. It's a gas station/convenience store. Yummy take-out egg sandwich to get us set for the hike.

I now turn my attention to the 11 remaining on my 115 list; four in Maine, seven in the Adirondacks.