the most beautiful thing you've ever seen on the trail?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, my 2 pesos don't compare, but since I contributed to this threads previous "evil twin", I'll add;

- Seeing so many stars while island camping on Lake George that we could tell which direction the "fried egg" of the Milky Way went and about where "we" were in the Milky Way.
- Seeing the Northern Lights a year or 2 ago from my back porch in CT.
- Seeing the lean-to (FINALLY !) I was hiking to on a cold and late January solo.
- Wind surfing in Virginia Beach and finding myself suddenly in the middle of a large pod of porpoise. There was a mother and baby swimming so close to my board I could have reached down and pet them. This went on for quite a distance as we were all traveling at the same speed.

Not all trail beautiful things, but beautiful things, none the less...

Last edited:
Any glowering gray sky with late afternoon sun glinting underneath and turning the trees golden. Sunrise from Cannon Mt. in winter is right up there too.

Maybe the Milky Way, spread across the whole sky as seen flat on my back on a big flat rock slab next to a waterfall deep in the dark Pemi. You never appreciate just how many stars there really are until you go someplace really DARK! :D