The Weeks, via Starr King, Kilkenny Ridge, York Pond

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverfox

Reaction score
Trail conditions: Grumpy Gram reported Starr king conditions so i won't repeat..Kilkenny Ridge Trail untracked past the viewpoint with a few inches of snow..very little if any ice. York Pond Trail had a little snow at the top then a delightful leaf strewn trail with a couple of yukka mukka spots..Great trails with very little steep stuff and only one side hill coming down from Middle Weeks that was brushy and rough

Equipment: Layers helped today as it was chilly across the ridge..I suppose it could be barebooted but microspikes made it easy

Comments: Lingered a bit at the excellent waumbek outlook then headed off into the woods..Beautiful forest along the section of trail over the Weeks but little in the way of views.. York pond Trail a delightful walk in the woods where we descended from wintery condions in the notch to peak foliage down below..Some of the deepest mud i have seen all season on this trail

meagre pics at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/silverfox777/sets/72157622497179989/

Last edited: