Thermarest NEO pad

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homer

Reaction score
Mystic, Connecticut Avatar: Peakbagging with
I just recently bought 2 of these (got them both 20% off) and used them for the first time on one overnight. They are very comfortable but mine deflated to where I could feel my hipbone touching the ground in the middle of the night. My wife's did the same but not quite as bad as mine. I know for sure it wasn't because I didn't close the valve all the way. I'm not sure if it's just a permeable type of material and this is normal. There aren't enough reviews yet to tell. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with them. I've heard that someone returned it and got a new one and everything was fine. I may do the same. If the same thing happens again I may just go back to my Prolite 3. They are very comfortable when they aren't deflated. Worst case, you may have to blow it up once more in the middle of the night. I am curious if anyone else has had a chance to try them out. Although they are expensive, they are very light, pack small.

i'd return them. they're not supposed to deflate.

I've had an exped airmat 9 that's now 2 or 3 years old, inflates to about 3 1/2" and is very comfortable. The inflatable airmat is inside an evozote closed-cell shell. I don't think they're made anymore though. http://www.trailspace.com/gear/exped/foam-airmat-9/

I'm sure the Thermarest NEO is a bit lighter though.

Last edited: