Three-Day Pressie Traverse: June 26-28

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_swede

Reaction score
Here's a brief trip report from my first ever Presidential Traverse:

Started out at Appalachia on Friday and hiked Madison & Adams. A storm rolled in while on Madison so I quickly descended to Madison Hut. By the time we got to Adams, the sky cleared up. Camped at Gray Knob hut. The northern Presidentials are definitely rugged.

Awoke to pleasant weather but it soon turned foggy while ascending Jefferson. By the time we got to Clay, it was again sunny. Mount Washington was a mob scene, especially when the weather made a turn for the worse and all the tourists scurried into the visitor's center. We descended Mount Washinton in very thick fog but by the time we made it to Lakes of the Clouds it had again cleared up. The ridge walk between Monroe and Eisenhower was very pleasant. The name Mount Eisenhower is very fitting for a mountain whose bald pate has a certain likeness to its namesake president. We continued onto Mitzpah Hut where we were able to feast on the leftovers of the hut guests. Camped out at Neuman which was *alright*.

I awoke at 5:30 in the morning, quickly made breakfast and broke camp. The muddy trails and foggy conditions made the rest of the traverse seem like I was walking through forest primeval. Almost Adirondack-y. Finished on Webster by 10 AM and celebrated with a swig of rum! Caught the shuttle from Crawford Notch back to Appalachia. Success!

Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/t3h_sw3d3/sets/72157620778973756/detail/

Dude, nice report and SWEET photos!! They're excellent!!! Glad you had a good time and some fun weather!

Great report and photos.

Nice trip...But not enough pics!!:rolleyes:
Some rules of successful slide shows:
Keep it short
Show your best photos
Never bore your audience
Always leave them asking for more​
the_swede's show passes on all counts. However, I do agree with Hikes4fun's sentiments.:D You will get a green square from me tomorrow (my supply is exhausted right now).

Dude, nice report and SWEET photos!! They're excellent!!! Glad you had a good time and some fun weather!

Oh yeah, definitely fun times. The weather was quite varied too. Hot sun and clear skies to cool rain and fog.

Congratulations from one Swede to another! The rum lasted all the way to Webster - I admire your self discipline!

Great photos and trip report!

Yeah, everyone was surprised too when I magically pulled out a completely full flask of rum on the very last day! :D

Yeah, I have a LOT more pictures but I only posted my favorites/the ones that came out.

It's always disappointing when you set up a shot thinking it's going to be great and then when you load it onto the computer it looks awful. :eek:

Great report and photos.

Some rules of successful slide shows:
Keep it short
Show your best photos
Never bore your audience
Always leave them asking for more​
the_swede's show passes on all counts. However, I do agree with Hikes4fun's sentiments.:D You will get a green square from me tomorrow (my supply is exhausted right now).