Today we got snow. Hoorray!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brambor

Reaction score
Get out your snowshoes! It's time to play.

390760369_59da74b5c7_o.jpg

That is a really nice picture...great b&W treatment. Screams classic New England winter...

I might wish to see the tops of the trees that were cut off, and a little less foreground, but it hardly takes away from this great shot! Well done!!!

w7xman said:
... I might wish to see the tops of the trees that were cut off, and a little less foreground, but it hardly takes away from this great shot! Well done!!!
Nah! The forground, as it drops off into the shadows is great. It's part of the nice feeling you get from the picture. Maybe a touch more room on the top so the peak of the roof is not so close to the edge. And sure, uncut the tree tops.

And wow! You got the shot before a bird or squirrel or human touched that pristine snow scape.

Great!

Great shot. This is one case where the "rules" do not apply. The empty forground adds to the image. The empty snow with no footprints adds to the serenity of the scene. Very good B&W conversion. The only nitpick would be the cropped treetops, but I ma sure that was hard to see in the viewfinder.

Nicely done.

- darren

I really like the well lit night shot. I assume you have the moon behind the gable to give you that nice sky glow. That is very effective along with the window light shining on the snow and the framing of the house.

There is one slight bump in the snow near the bottom on the right. It is barely noticeable. But I would be tempted to crop just up to that point as it is a slight distraction. There is a dark drift higher on the left - its larger size allows it to be read as a drift, and so not a distraction.

"Snowshoes out. Mission accomplished" is a really effective picture. Up close and personal. The kid's expression (despite the squint) and the hair blowing in the breeze are both good. The bag or cloth on the right side is little ambiguous, and perhaps it would be better not in the picture.

The background also adds a lot to this photo. There is just enough texture in the snow so that it is not a bright void. The people are nicely spaced with few overlaps among them. The only overlap that is distracting is the dog and person with the light coat. How do you ask a dog to stand still? You can't, and the stride through the picture is great, so I think we can accept the overlap as an inevitable necessity.

These are both very effective in black and white.