Tom,Field or moosilauke

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darwin

Reaction score
I was looking to hike Tom,Field or moosilauke this friday the 30th of january. I am looking for possible partners. I am a pretty slow hiker so I need some one who doesn't mind a leisurely pace. I know this is kind of short notice but let me know if this is a possibillity.

Hey Darwin,

I'm interested in doing Moosilauke on Friday. That is, of course, assuming the summit forcast isn't calling for -20 temps and 50 mph winds. Leisurely pace is fine. PM me if you're interested.

moosilauke it is!

Hi Mohammed, I think think moosilauke would be my choice if that is ok with you. Would a 9 am start time be ok with you? I live about two hours away so I get a little later start. If this is ok let me know. Thanks, Darwin

I was thinking glencliff unless you or stopher had any other suggestions.

--Darwin

Hmm ... From the latest weather forecast:
.FRIDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 30 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS. HIGHS 10 TO 15. WEST WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH. WIND CHILL VALUE AS LOW AS 20 BELOW.
Definitely better than what we faced on Sunday, but clearly not a walk in the park. Is it time to think of something below treeline?

I am asking a question rather than making a suggestion. It is probably doable and may well be very enjoyable (for those who enjoy that kind of challenge). I just want to be sure that we all know what we are getting into.

I will be equally happy to do Moosilauke or something below treeline of roughly the same distance and elevation gain.

You are right mohammed, I had a thought about maybe hiking Mt.Hale from 302, from the zealand Rd. parking lot. Let me know if that is good for you. Or maybe jackson. Let me know. I just want to have a nice day out in the woods.

It's your call, Darwin. I'm up for Moosilauke but if you'd rather do Hale, Jackson, Tom, Field or any other (well, Maybe not Owls Head or Jefferson) I'm game. Just tell me when and where.

Lets do Hale from 302 at 9am on friday that sounds good to me. I am really looking forward to it.

I'll be there. Just to be sure, are we talking about Hale Brook Trail, which starts on Zealand Road 2.5 miles from 302?