Trade Show

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puck

Reaction score
I am planning a trip to the Boston Flower Show in March. I missed the Flyfishing Show in Marlborough. These got me thinking....What about a hiking-backpacking-ice and rock climbing outdoor show. Have it at teh Bayside Expo Center so people don't have to travel to the real outdoors. People can come from all over to buy thier clothes and equipement from exhibitor booths. They could demo boots crampons and snowshoes. There can be a climbing wall and travel agents for guide services. Food vendors serving shots of olive oil and cliff bars.

As I write this it occured to me that the place would be empty because everyone would be at the Dr Magillicutty booth

Puck,it sounds like a great idea,but I think the Bayside would be a stretch! It only seems like there's millions of us! :D
It might be a problem for manufacturers to sell gear direct,as they would be shortcutting their "real" customers,the retail outlets. No reason they couldn't do demo's and have the REI's and EMS's selling at special show prices.
There is a paddlesports show every year at UNH,similar to your idea,and the place is always packed. Mrs. KD and I work the MITA booth there.
FWIW,Bob Smith's Wilderness House has a small version of your idea every year,but it never seems very well advertised.
Can we dump a couple of truckloads of snow and set up a winter campsite? :D

Puck-
Running feb. 11-13 at the DCU Center (aka The Centrum) in Worcester will be a fishing/hunting/camping show. Not precisely hiking/climbiing but might have some interesting venders. Its promoted as having 400 exhibitors.

I believe the promoters are from Portsmouth, NH. Perhaps a call into them with some suggestions might get something started. I used to work for a company that produced job fairs and we were always looking for different venues and themes.

HughK