Trail on Dewey Mt. Vermont

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yardsale

Reaction score
Four of us snowshoed (should have skied) up this mt. from the Overland Trail yesterday. Beautiful views of Mansfield and Sunset ridge. At the top we discovered a marked trail entering and exiting the summit, and an old summit register in a half liter bottle. Wondering where this trail begins?

I have Gange's Guide to VT's Day Hikes and it says on page 34 no maintained trail to summit...but the edition is maybe outdated, so I also would like to know as I need to do some more VT stuff!!

It may come straight up from the Trout Club. I doubt if the lower end would be open to the public, though. There could also be access from Skytop Ridge -- there's a busy network of ski trails over there.

Last edited:
It may come straight up from the Trout Club.

It did, at one time, but that trail, the Kingsford Trail, hasn't been maintained in years. And, it didn't exactly come *straight* up from the Trout Club, but that's where it started. Yardsale, I assume that you were seeing relics from that trail. You can come across old blazes here and there when you're exploring in the area.