Trip suggestions for Christmas

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluethroatedone

Reaction score
Okay I've been pondering this for a bit, but I thought some of y'all may have some ideas.

I was hoping to take a trip out of the country over my winter vacation but some snafus with my wife's passport mean she can't leave the country (so Kili, Ecuador, Peru etc. goes out the door). So we're back to square one. Any ideas of great places to go. We'd prefer backpacking in mountains but we'd consider XC skiing/iceclimbing/mountaineering. I will be able to take 10-15 days off.

Any cool places in southen Cal that would be both warm enough that time of year and snow free in the mountains?

Current thoughts include: Big Sur, Hawaii (but I didn't love the hiking when I was last there), Grand Canyon, Big Bend. Any thoughts or recommendations?

other options to consider

maybe split up your time and spend a few days in a couple of places in the southwest that should be snow-free in December?

Joshua Tree NP, Death Valley NP, Zion (risky), Grand Canyon South Rim (risky), Saguaro NP, Big Bend, Carlsbad Caverns, Sedona, etc. etc.