Tripyramids, Whiteface, Passaconaway....and new FLICKS!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Head

Reaction score
Bird and I (along with Bird's pet hyena) headed in on the Livermore trail to the North Slide Trail early Sat morning. On the way in, we met up with Camper 58 and chatted for a bit before Buddy kicked 'er into high gear and dusted us youngsters :p . We read about how treacherous the slide was in the guidebook before heading up, and it sounded like a good challenge. It definately was a challenge....steep and pretty exposed, but the views were most impressive today...the skies were clear and bright! As we made our way up the slide, the views became more plentiful from the Osceolas and Tecumseh all the way over to the Presis. We topped off North Tripyramid and didn't waste much time huffin' our way to Middle Tripyramid, where we got to take in some more of the most beautiful views the Whites had thrown at us to date. After a short stay on Middle Tripyramid, we cruised over to S. Tripyramid and it's famed slide on our way to the Kate Sleeper trail. We found our exit, and our solitude as well! The next few miles were some of the most peaceful hiking miles I've done in the Whites. The trail was littered with moose sign and just an overwhelming sense of serenity. Not expecting much of Whiteface, we meandered up the trail and, low and behold, another fantastic summit! After a brief stay on the crown of this jewel, we got back on the trail and made our way towards Passaconaway. We were close to topping off this peak when we met a couple near the lookout. Very cool folks :) We summited Passaconaway and came back to chat with the folks at the lookout while we indulged ourselves with great views. Overall, a fantastic day in the Whites. 17.5 miles, 4800 ft, and 12.5 hrs of trail time. Oh...by the way...we now have 36 new videos from the Whites on our site (not including this trip). They are fairly high quality clips and each is pretty entertaining (or at least we think they are :p ). Windows Media Player is required to view em. Check em out here on our HTML Site or on our FLASH Site . Hope you enjoy!
HEAD

The hike up the North Slide is one of my favorites. Glad to hear you had a great day.

...Not expecting much of Whiteface, we meandered up the trail and, low and behold, another fantastic summit!...
BTW:
The views from the cliffs are fantastic, but the summit of Whiteface is along the Rollins Trail .3 miles North of the cliffs. There was a small cairn on the East side of the trail at the summit last summer. (I was bored, finding rocks in that area was tough :D )

Geez! You guys did do the slide! I never thought the hyena would make it. I barely made it. :eek:
I'm afraid my "high gear" turned in to low gear by the time I was done with the south slide. I waited for awhile on Middle for you guys and saw a bunch of people come through, but after a bit I figured you must've taken Scaur Trail up. Anyway, I had a cold one waiting for you back at the car but was forced to not let them go to waste. It was nice meeting someone new from this site, hope to see you again.....
Oh, I checked out your website again, pretty funny stuff.
Bird, how did the first date go? ;)

Wow!

Nice trip report... and those videos are great! That's killer you guys have a clip for each one you've done so far (which is most of 'em). Nice work! They'll keep me occupied for a while. :D

Those are fantastic - Tecumseh had me *rolling* with laughter. :)

Hey guys! It's been awhile. Been up in Alaska for the last year trying to find myself. (Im found ;) ). Anyway saw this post and had to reply. The videos of the Whites are funny as all hell! You guys crack me up. You guys got quite a few peaks since the last time we met! So when you going to go up again. Id like to hike with you 2! Let me know.

Finally updated the VIDEO section on the site to include this trip... (Tripyramids, Whiteface and Passaconaway) Here's some new video action to dload: VIDEOS