Unlabeled trail on WMG North Country map

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maineman

Reaction score
There is a trail shown on the North Country map from the WMG that starts on Route 110 in Stark and ends on South Pond road. If I remember correctly it is about 1.6 miles long and appears to make a half circle around a small summit.

I did a drive by one night to check it out but didn't notice the trailhead. I don't see a description in the WMG.

Anyone familiar with this trail?

That trail is a link in the Cohos Trail and is described in the Cohos Trail guidebook, page 125 (2000, 2004 copyright, there might be a later edition)...1.2 miles on the WMG map..one can see the brown wooden post with yellow blaze on Rt. 110 shortly after the entrance of South Pond Rd, and it comes out on the road near the gate leading to South Pond Rec area......another trail on the WMG Map 6 is the "connecting" trail 1.1 miles, between Old Summer Club Trail and Rowell Link, Bald Mt Notch Trail jct....this is mentioned but not described in the WMG (pages 607, 610)..both are not on the redlining spreadsheets...

It's a link in the Cohos Trail, basically a snowmobile trail and very muddy and overgrown. Wretched in places, really. It's right across from Bell Hill Road and the railroad tracks. There was a small Cohos Trail sign marking it this summer.

Thanks folks!

It is a pleasure to be part of such a knowledgable & friendly group of like-minded individuals.

(Group Hug) lol