Vose Spur with Rocket 21, Jeb and Raoul

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestgnome

Reaction score
Accepted a nice invitation to go along. Thanks, Rocket!

a great early morning drive on Bear Notch Road... there's something special about seeing a beautiful deer in the early morning in summer...

IMG_7110aaa.jpg

It was a nice hike in Carragain Notch to some point near a boulder where Rocket said was "the place" to start bushwacking uphill, which is something I'm not really too fond of, but it was good company and I was hiking with other people for the first time in years and enjoying it. It's very pretty woods in this area and I occasionally wondered what wildlife we were scaring away or if there were any forest noises I was missing due to conversation, but it's time to turn a page and engage in group hiking.

We crashed through some thickish stuff until emerging on a trail that followed a ridge to the summit. We could hear the voices of another party. The trail goes through a nice tallus feild with beautiful views...

looking toward Signal Ridge...

IMG_1996aaa.jpg

IMG_2017aaa.jpg

a huge slot that I've seen from Signal Ridge...

IMG_2012aaa.jpg

Jeb and Raoul...

compositevose.jpg

The other party caught up to us at the summit and they were nice to take other picture together.

IMG_2015aaa.jpg

On the way down we stayed on the ridge until the trail disappeared, then we were able to stay in hardwoods all the way back down to the CNT, a nice hike through lots of hobblebush.

happy trails

Last edited:
I was with the other party and we appreciate you taking our pictures too! We also ran into some thickish stuff on the way up but on the way down we stayed mostly with herd paths and open woods just before we hit the trail again. All in all good day with good friends.

I was with the other party and we appreciate you taking our pictures too! We also ran into some thickish stuff on the way up but on the way down we stayed mostly with herd paths and open woods just before we hit the trail again. All in all good day with good friends.

Great to meet you, especially in such a pretty place!

happy trails :)