Welch/Dickey Jan 2

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Kittredge

Reaction score
I'm looking for some company on Sunday, Jan 2. Would anyone care to join me?

W/D in Waterville Valley, NH is a relatively easy jaunt (4.4 miles, 1800 feet, booktime of 3+ hours) with great views, if the weather cooperates.

I plan to hit the trail at 10AM. Snowshoes and/or crampons recommended.

Here's a link to Dave Metsky's description of the hike.
Click me

There's a small group of us staying in Woodstock for the weekend. We're doing day hikes (unless we get some snow) on Friday and Saturday so we should be up for a not too strenuous hike on Sunday. If you're still on for Welch Dickey and want some company let me know.

Julie

Yep, I'm still game. I'm also amenable to pushing up the start time to 9AM if you guys would find that preferable.

Looks like there'll be some light (freezing?) rain on Saturday and temps in the 20s that night, so crampons are advisable.

Bob - Maybe we could split the time difference and make it 9:30. Is that OK?

I was able to join in on this hike and had a great time meeting everyone. Always nice to put even more names with even more faces...

I posted some of the pix I took on the hike. Due to differences in controls from my camera, I had some exposure problems with the borrowed equipment. Here is a link to some of the shots that didn't come out too badly.

Welch - Dickey Loop pictures

Nice to meet you all, I had a great time. Hope to see you at the Winter Gathering in 2 weeks or on the trail again sometime.

- darren

Dude, I'm famous! :)

Thanks Darren for all you help with my first winter hike with crampons and for everyone else that enjoyed the day.
Can't wait to do it again and to start posting some pictures too.

Bill

I had a good time too with plenty of practice using the crampons. There were a few spots where I thought I would have to rely on the "butt slide" but the crampons did the job.

It was a nice way to end the holiday season - a good day with good people and great views.

Hey Darren:

NH - Ice Climbing - coming soon
Maine - coming soon
Vermont - coming soon
Colorado - coming soon
California - coming soon

So... where are all these photos?

chomp said:
Hey Darren:

NH - Ice Climbing - coming soon
Maine - coming soon
Vermont - coming soon
Colorado - coming soon
California - coming soon

So... where are all these photos?

Those photos are stored nicely on 50 speed Fuji Velvia slides. Can you come over my house this weekend and put each slide into the slide scanner, scan it, color correct it and remove dust in photoshop, resize, and put them into a gallery for me? I'd help you, but I will be out hiking. :p

Seriously, a select few of my award winning photos will be scanned and appear fairly soon in the gallery. Stay tuned.

- darren