What's Up with all the gear along the trail?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Litter is litter, regardless of its origin.

G.

Speaking of coins, anybody know the story behind this? Is this some sort of tradition? Notice the quarters in the wreath, more coins in the litte basin near teh bottom...

Hmmm...guess I'll have to take a closer look at that Henderson monument next time.

I generally try to carry out litter that I find if it's not too large or disgusting. I did encounter a pair of boxer shorts at one of the view points on Windham High Peak a while back. Looked like they hadn't been there long. Not that I was going to carry them out anyway, but I figured it best to leave them in case some poor gent came to retrieve them or face some serious explaining when he got home. :D

I always look for a missing body when I spot alot of clothing or gear, We once tracked a lost injured mountain biker thru some head high CHH prickers. He had deliberatly taken something off and carefully hung it up as he dragged himself and bike down the wrong side of the mountain hoping we would see it. We did,but what a mess those prickers make.:eek:

Speaking of coins, anybody know the story behind this? Is this some sort of tradition? Notice the quarters in the wreath, more coins in the litte basin near teh bottom...

I've seen the same thing at T-Lake Falls, where a shrine so to speak, is there in memory of those who took the "last ride" down the falls.:eek:

I think it's an offering of some type....