WindRivers next tear CO Thsi July NH aslo just wantr enjoy and take photos

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RGF1

Reaction score
Avatar. The Maroon Bells . I live In NH and Near
Would Any one be Intersated in Hiking in to Titcombbasin scambliong up Freemot peak Wy second highrst . and in the Wind rivers a 3 - 4 day trip and also climbing Mi\dlle Teton Ok I am after a photo of the grand . from middleteton in early mornaing light . In both color and B+W

I am not comfortable backpackingalone any more due ot my injuries day hikes are one thing .
Mostly camping but a room in a place would be great before leaving i am asking now so as to d find a few 2-4 people to hike andclimbwith when I am in NH or vist in Co I am free a week in Jully this year summer and can host .
you do have to get up early 2-3 AM so you beat the aftrenoonstorms.
I know Aspen andarea well .
My advice rent a car in Denver let me know if youcan hike fron Jully 18 - 24 o as iset that "week aside to do nothing but be in the mountians . I have a suite/"Ahem Condo " so you can bring food .
But I knw a f all the good placews just shoot me a email I'll be happy to hike any where If you want ot climba Elk 14 k peak castle is great oir a nice 14er hike La Platq . Iam thinking odfa oneday 16 or so mile hike up Snowmass catcxha 12 - 1 am start . so as to be up high early good part eaasy hike out stunnig sceanary . We can take ovea palce before 6 pm and have a great time out saode . Alos loking for soem one to hike with in NH .
Ill be her in June mayb e a old fave fraconia ridge mod pace lots of phot ops . Or Adams Up King Ravine Down air line or a staya Crgcamp . broing beer if so . ill bring some too .
easy pace . phots ect . not into setting records or such just enjoying the day
Rick

For those interested in the terrain, here's a trip report from Titcomb Basin last year - LINK. It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.

-dave-

Beautiful photos in your Titcomb Basin trip report, Dave. I agree, one of the finest places to spend time on this planet; I have spent over three months of my life there, climbing the peaks and retrieving sediment cores from the bottom of the lakes. Fremont (Wyoming's third highest) has a nice scrambling route (3rd class) from Lower Titcomb Basin. Gannett (Wyoming's highest) is a long poke from Upper Titcomb Lake, over Dinwoodie Pass to Gooseneck Pinnacle.

HI Dave yes it isa s[pectaualr palce I really wantto go back andclimbFreemont peak a class 3 scamble and also a trip to Climb Middle Teton I talked to the NPS at Jackson and i really need ot paln in advance as baccounty campingasadn bivy sites go fast . either june or Aftet labor day are my best bets . I love to climb Middle Teton again it is a nice snow climb mostly with a fun ridge sacambel ok it is narrow but not like Captiols Knoiife edge just excitng ! Besides the View of the grand is well Grand
My problem isi do not yet feel safe back packing alone again . Ii did a ski out to West Maroon Pass and it was fun but I would want some one or afew folks if Iwas to back kagain ..I am thinking of a llama to get outot a few places and take phots . but They cost alot .
So I thought some folks here might like ot see sopem differnt and spetacualr places . alongwith greatvies and just a great time . i willbe in the easat foras little while and woud love ot hike Ill look andse what is going on

here is some info on Fremont peak
http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/153347/fremont-peak.html
Rick

Last edited: