Winter pants

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spencer;

I happened to be looking around in "The Mountain Goat" in Manchester Vt. The salesperson asked if I needed help and I told her I was thinking about Shoeller Dryskin Pants. She told me they had not received any for the season and asked if I wanted them from skiing. When I replied -no, ice climbing; she said "Oh- I have just the thing, my husband wears these pants ice climbing". She went upstairs and brought down the ArcTeryx bibs. My jaw dropped when I saw the price. They have the full crotch zip and insulated knees so you won't get cold leaning against the face on a climb.

:D

kZ

kz what did you think of that union suit on cabelas site? when i saw it i thought i would be awesome for ice climbing. patches in all the right places, waterproof, insulated to boot, zippers in all the right places :D and some stretch and the price is a lot less (120-ish on sale) then the arcteryx ones that run around $400!
however, the mountaineer in keene did have some of the arcteryx bibs on sale over the summer, but i think they were still around $200. trust me i love the arcteryx line but i'm gonna need a suger daddy to put me in a pair! :eek:

Shadowcat;

They look pretty good and the price is great.

BTW - my wife bought me the bibs for an anniversary gift.

She's very suppportive of ice climbing, must be the big insurance policy.

KZ :D

Cabela's Union Suit

KZ ( or whoever is interested)...
That Cabela's union suit seems to have the same & more features then marmots exo suit which retails for $425 (sale $260-ish). the minute i saw it i wanted it but alas they never made one for women!

I love my North Face Gortex winter pant. I've had them 10 years and they are still in pretty good shape, no rips, holes or tears. I have bushwacked and butt slided in them many, many times. Back then I paid $200 for them, but totally worth it. Probably $300 now.