WMNF Parking Pass

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enough of my trips are muti-day, which would increase the likelyhood of my getting a ticket, that the pass is worth it to me. And, at $3 per day it would cost me way more than the $20

But, I have noticed that they don't even seem to give out tickets at least at some trailheads. I've seen more than a few cars with a self serve envelope and a notice stuck under the wiper blade.

I actually do like the stickers more than the paper one that you could write down up to 2 tag numbers on and it was always in the other car or home in a drawer and I had to pay the day use fee anyway.

And, to get back to the topic, I find it's easier to get the sticker off if you warm it with a hair dryer. Mine is on it's 3rd windshield. When I got this one I was putting it on a broken winshield and as has been said here they said if I couldn't move it just bring the pieces backand they'd give me a new one.

pepsi said:
Enough of my trips are muti-day, which would increase the likelyhood of my getting a ticket, that the pass is worth it to me. And, at $3 per day it would cost me way more than the $20.

Same here. Mine more than paid for itself within a month after purchase. :D

Jasonst said:
I stopped buying them also, mostly because it was more economical to pay per use rather than the season pass.

If you are 62 or older, you can buy a Golden Age Pass for $10 that is good for your lifetime. It not only includes parking in WMNF, it includes free admission to National Parks, etc, and a 50% discount on extras like boat rentals, campsite fees, etc!
You have to buy it in person at a National Park, Landmark, etc, site and you need valid identification
Best $10 I ever spent!

Fred

You gotta render unto Ceasar... or he'll come along and seize ya himself.

/Death and taxes are inevitable, but if you pick the right trail and weather, you can get BOTH in our national parks!

A third (if I counted correctly) recommendation to use a blow dryer and carefully peel it off.

I did just that a few years ago when I rented a car and didn't see any need to buy a new sticker for one not-even-definite hike. I think I used a putty knife to get a corner started, then peeled it back and off. I put it on the rental car's windshield without tamping it down too hard, then, before returning the rental, peeled the sticker off again and stuck it back on my own's windshield.

You may as well get your twenty dollars' worth.

Last edited:
I just renewed my sticker and the ranger who sold it to me at the Lincoln visitor's center said that if you sell your car or need a windshield replacement, peeling and reapplying is fine, he also said that if you are unsuccesful just bring in whatever shred you can free up and they'll replace it.

frytz said:
If you are 62 or older, you can buy a Golden Age Pass for $10 that is good for your lifetime. It not only includes parking in WMNF, it includes free admission to National Parks, etc, and a 50% discount on extras like boat rentals, campsite fees, etc!
You have to buy it in person at a National Park, Landmark, etc, site and you need valid identification
Best $10 I ever spent!

Fred

Just have a 62 or older non-hiker friend buy one for you. No, I guess not, that is against the rules. ;)