World's Most Beautiful Mountains

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadtripper

Reaction score
Conditions are junk everywhere today, so I decided to put together an opinionated list of the world's most beautiful mountains. I don't have any pictures of any of these, but I highly encourage you to do your own Google-image search if you've never heard of any of these mountains. Each has jaw-dropping beauty.

Am I missing any mountains that you think would qualify as "world's best"?

• Aiguille Blanche de Peutery (Italy)
  • Alpamayo (Peru)
  • Ama Dablam (Nepal)
  • Artesonraju Piramide (Peru)
  • Chacraraju (Peru)
  • Denali (USA - Alaska)
  • Dent Blanche (Switzerland)
  • Dhaulagiri (Nepal)
  • Fitz Roy (Argentina/Chile)
  • Gasherbrum 4 (Pakistan)
  • Grand Jorasses (France/Italy)
  • Grand Teton (USA - Wyoming)
  • K2 (Pakistan)
  • Kajaqiao (Tibet)
  • Khan Tengri (Kyrgyzstan/Kazakhstan)
  • Laila Peak (Pakistan)
  • Lenpitze & Nadelhorn (Switzerland)
  • Machapuchare ("fish tail") (Nepal)
  • Mianzimu (China)
  • Mt. Assiniboine (Canada)
  • Mt. Foraker (USA - Alaska)
  • Mt. Hood (USA - Oregon)
  • Mt. Rainier (USA - Washington)
  • Mt. Shasta (USA - California)
  • Mt. Shivling (India)
  • Mt. Thor (Canada)
  • Mustagh Tower (Pakistan)
  • Pasang Lhamu Chuli (Tibet)
  • Peitlerkofel (Italy)
  • Piz Bernina (Switzerland)
  • Pumori (Nepal/Tibet)
  • Rakaposhi (Pakistan)
  • Shuta Punkya (Tibet)
  • Siguniang (Sichuan)
  • The Eiger (Switzerland)
  • The Matterhorn (Switzerland)
  • Torres del Paine (Chile)
  • Tre Cime Di Lavaredo (Italy)
  • Weisshorn (Switzerland)
PS: Sorry for my recent obsession with lists =)

Last edited:
singu chuli ("fluted peak")

Cerro Torre

In the "it's all relative" department, yes, of course the Dolomites/Alps, Himalaya, Andes, Sierras, Rockies, etc., are all spectacularly beautiful... but after hiking all the way from Georgia, Mt. Katahdin is about the most beautiful mountain in all of creation and still the only mountain that has brought me to tears just by the mere sight of it.

In the "it's all relative" department, yes, of course the Dolomites/Alps, Himalaya, Andes, Sierras, Rockies, etc., are all spectacularly beautiful... but after hiking all the way from Georgia, Mt. Katahdin is about the most beautiful mountain in all of creation and still the only mountain that has brought me to tears just by the mere sight of it.

Ya know, I actually did think about adding Katahdin to the list when I was making it. I just wasn't sure if the rest of the world would agree. However, if it isn't on the list, it would certainly be a close runner up. Certainly a top 10 day hike in the US for sure.

Along the Italian Border as seen from Stelvio National Park, 12,905 Foot Ortler. Ortler Copy 2.jpg

While Hinter Shoeneck in the Italian Alps isn't particularly scenic, the view from the trail is pretty nice:

Schoeneck 4.jpg

Longs Peak - from the east, to the Diamond, across Chasm Lake. Beautiful.

Pikes Peak is also quite nice.

Everest deserves mention, Kilimanjaro, too.

Mt. Logan in Canada also is a beaut, and I think some of the Glacier NP peaks deserve mention.

In New England, I think Camel's Hump is beautiful, so are Lafayette and Washington, Tripyramid and Osceola, too. Katahdin's already been mentioned.

Last edited: