Wright Trail on Goose Eye

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill bowden

Reaction score
We did this trail on Saturday and it is most scenic! There are lots of panoramic views and beautiful woods together with a small gorge and micro waterfalls. As a word of warning, the description in the White Mountain Guide is accurate but has almost British understatement of the difficulties.

In particular, the North fork of the trail up the headwall of Goose Eye Cirque is not well suited for descent. We went up this way, difficult enough, but encountered a group who intended to hike down it and later encountered two members of this group who were on their way to get a litter for an injured (ankle) hiker and told us "You went the right way!".

Hope the injured party is well. this is really a great hike.

I have never gone in though the Wright Trail. I did the whole Mahoosuc range starting in NH and ending at Gratfton Notch a couple years back. But I think the best part of the trip was the Goose Eye section. I am going to try and do it again this fall. But I think I will go in through Carlo Col Trail and out Mahoosuc Notch Trail. With and overnight at Full Goose Shelter.