XC Skiing in Millinocket/Baxter State Park Area

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spencer

Reaction score
Maine Avatar: We could use some snow around here
A friend of mine has been instrumental in putting together a list of xc trails in the Millinocket and BSP area. There has been a plethora of trails for some time but I think this is the first effort to publish them all in one place. Many of the trails are maintained by the local snowmobile clubs. They have trails for the sleds and trails for the skis. There is some overlap but most of the trails are sport specific.

Anyway, if you are looking for something to do on the way to or from a BSP trip, check them out. There are links to maps for each area as well, including a special ski trail map of the Abol area of BSP.

Note that some of the BSP trails are more geared for BC skiing gear whereas most of the others are for our tried and true skinny gear. Except for the BSP trails, all the trails are on private land. It goes to show that private land does do the public good. This is a great model of shared, multiple use...

There is TONS of snow there right now so get on up and have some fun!

Spencer

Nice, I think I saw a print map of the Bait Hole XC Ski network at the AT Cafe in Millinocket when I was there. I didn't get a chance to do any XC Skiing but I saw it there.

Looks nice. I did see ski tracks on both ends of the Abol Pond XC Ski loop (off the AT and also by Abol beach. I don't know if the skier crossed the ice or turned around but there were tracks leading out....

Jay