Gathering 8.0 [and leather apron(s)]

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ridgerunner, good to hear from you again!

For the newer VFTT members, Ridgerunner organized Gathering 1.0 at Cathedral Pines in Eustice. If he had been at 7.0 the ballad of the leather apron would have turned out much differently ... he'd have charmed her into being his sherpa across the Bigelow Range. ;)

You refer to the leather apron's appearance at Gathering 6.0, not 7.0 (Catskills), Stan?

The apron rules.

You're right, bigmoose, in a way. The original leather apron did first appear at Gathering 6.0 on the cute young waitleast at the White Wolf. And yes, if Ridgerunner had been at G 7.0, he may well have ended up wearing it himself, being the furthest from home.

Which brings me to the "rules". The "Rite (Right) of the Leather Apron" belongs to the person attending the Gathering who is furthest from home. Simple. So, no more talk of Darren flying in from Hawaii for the weekend to claim the apron.

teejay

Well, then no matter where we ever hold the Gathering, Ridgerunner will never win it. He lives 2 hours from everywhere. :)

What will the rules be for Gathering 10.0??? There has been some talk about it at past Gatherings, but I will make it public here. Gathering 10.0 will be held in the Canadian Rockies. Everyone can fly to Calgary and then we'll rent some vans or whatever and drive over to the Lake Louise / Yoho area. So, do we go by miles as the crow flies from your hometown or do we go by travel time. Someone could get a long airport delay and skew the travel time. We will have to sit around the campfire in Stowe and have a long talk about this. All the talk will probably get us thirsty so we might have to have a few drinks too. :cool:

- darren

Lake Louise? Count me in! In the meantime, I will plan my move to New Zealand so I can capture the coveted leather apron.

It's all moot to me anyway. When I'm at any VFTT function, it always feels like home to me :)

Seema: glad SOMEONE picked up on that! (SHED)

TeeJay: The greasier the better :) Makes the beer slide down easier :D (like it needs any help). Pub fare works for me.

Count me in as well. Since I'm not working on any lists I'll have to reclimb mountains I've already climbed. :)

-dave-

teejay said:

Don't be using my home code name in vain, particularly if you're not even going to give me a consolation prize for the longest time over the shortest distance ;)

Hey, Metsky, weren't you the one that told me there's always another list? :D

Note that I have been unable to frequent this site in the last many weeks due to a much too busy work load, being in three houses and numerous other excuses -- HOWEVER - I just got some good laughs catching up on this one. Great SHED dig, TeeJay!! (all)You people bust me up!

For the record, I did change my other fall weekend so as to not conflict with this earlier than usual fall Gathering. Should be there with Apron in hand. (OMG, I just realized that in my hastful packing I never even thought about Apron on Haystack this past weekend!! Oh, no... do I have to do it again now??) Leave me alone, my legs ache.

SHED, SHED, beer, can't recall if I've been there... I'll plan on attempting to get in on time.

I'm open to anything to hike - haven't done much over in that area other than sliding with boards on the feet.

Dr. Wu In Person

Wow, I just learned about this today. How do I miss these things?

I'm going to say Hopeful Definite for Dr. Wu. I'm up for hiking anything... I'm not working on any lists so I can really care less what I hike. I prefer mountains with snow for this time of year.

-Dr. Wu

Reactions: yam
dr_wu002 said:
I prefer mountains with snow for this time of year.

-Dr. Wu

Snow in Vermont in September, now is that even a possibility? I will be taking Brian to hike my favorite Vermont Mountain, Camel's Hump. Other than that I have no preset agenda, maybe we can hike together my fellow "Brightoner"

sli74

Maddi and I won't be able to make it to this one. We'll be in Arizona hiking Mount Humphreys. I'll see alot of you in a couple weeks though.

Now that the ADK Gathering is over (and I couldn't go :( ) it's probably time to revive this thread and get ready for VT!!!

Or should we just start another thread? :rolleyes:

MichaelJ said:
This means missing dinner at the Shed and possibly making an early start for a Saturday hike painful.

Well, you had me up until this point. But, BTW, dinner at the Shed will most likely end up into a painful Saturday AM for many people anyway. Nonetheless, I would love to do the hike (again) but I really don't want to miss the dinner at the Shed. Is there anyway that Thursday would be an option for you? I'd take an extra day out of work to do that hike AND make it to the Shed. :)

- darren

Man I posted under the wrong thread.....I think it is time to go to bed. :)

But I am going to the gathering, so cancel your gathering plans accordingly.

Last edited: