Team Dom attempts Denali May 21 - June 10th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All Good Stuff!

I am also impressed with how quickly they got to their current position, but am not surprized given the group. I am very excited to see photos and hear first hand stories! :D

Dave Bear,

I have not been under any stress compared to the team, except in waiting for the phone to ring!

I am not a part of the 'team', merely a messenger.

I hope I got some of the facts right! :rolleyes:

I also hope to hear from them SOON for another update.

Thanks for all the updates Chinooktrail... We are all on the edge of our seats waiting for the latest news. You have conveyed the details perfectly. Doesn't matter who made the top. Just that they are all safe and sound.
Go team Dom!!

Dear Ms. "Merely a Messenger" :rolleyes:

OK, so you didn't physically climb with them. Still, you were our connection to a team we know and care about very much. If you haven't figured it out yet, we all REALLY REALLY appreciate your keeping us in the loop. I think probably lots of us like to climb vicariously with folks like Team Dom, almost as much as we like climbing our own "little hills" in reality.

Thanks, Chinooktrail, for keeping us in touch. And to those folks actually on the mountain (and those about to get there, lief & Yvon for example) descend and climb safely and take lots of pictures for us. Chinooktrail is keeping us with you.

!! Safe & sound is the best of news !!

Thank you so much Chinooktrail for your updates. You're amazing at conveying the live news & suspense of this exceptional group of hikers & friends of so many outdoors lovers.

You should consider writing an article of your end of the live-line!

Last edited:
Whew... so glad that they're all safe and sound. Agreed with Dave Bear this is a great team work, really don't matter to me who summited. More importantly would they be back in time for the upcoming beer night, or we can always have another one. Can't wait to hear all the glorious details and a slide presentation!

Many thanks for the updates, Chinook. I am soooooo relieved that everyone is ok. Wind and cold can make the West Butt on Denali as hard as or harder than the route normale on any mountain in the world.

Wow!!

Yvon, thank you SOOOOO much for posting your slide show.

It is truely fantastic and really makes you see and understand what is going on up there.

How Ironic that you can be in such a remote spot of the world, and yet have almost no privacy or 'alone time'. :eek:

It looks as though you had BEAUTIFUL weather for your trip.

The pictures are fantastic, and the shot at midnight is one of the most amazing mountaineering photos I have seen. Just stunning!

Thanks again for sharing.

;)

Congrats

Congrats to the entire team. The 17,200 camp is not a very hospitable place, physically or mentally. I can't imagne the solo climb back to camp from Denali Pass. The hump back to basecamp can be very exhausting. I hope they are all in Talkeetna at the Roadhouse eating breakfast soon.

I'm so glad the members of Team Dom are safe!
I can't wait to see them.
What a thrill it must have been just being there.
Yes we will all celebrate in the spirit of Dom
when the team gets home.
Thanks again Christine...for keeping us connected.

Gotta admit the anticipation is killing me! Can't wait to find out all the details...here's hoping for their safe return!!

Will make every effort to attend their welcome back celebration, indeed!!

Alive is good!

Thanks so much for the update! I've been sitting here waiting and wondering, and hoping all was well. Things must have been very sketchy, and I'm glad they all made the wise decision and are now safely down lower. Can't wait to hear the whole story. We've been cheering the team on from our safe warm little New Hampshire home!

Interesting reading. I have met two of the team. I hope all continues to go well for them all. Makes me enjoy my shorts and trail-runners all the more :D

I just want to echo others to say thank you Christine for keeping us all updated. The first thing I do when I go online each day and is check for a new report.

I am glad all of the team members are safe... and summit or not, I know they are going to have fantastic stories and pictures to share upon their return.

- Ivy

chinooktrail said:
Yvon, thank you SOOOOO much for posting your slide show.

It is truely fantastic and really makes you see and understand what is going on up there.

How Ironic that you can be in such a remote spot of the world, and yet have almost no privacy or 'alone time'. :eek:

It looks as though you had BEAUTIFUL weather for your trip.

The pictures are fantastic, and the shot at midnight is one of the most amazing mountaineering photos I have seen. Just stunning!

Thanks again for sharing.

;)

I would like to tell you that these photos are mine. And I'd like to tell you that I did the Denali, but I've never done it. My experience in the high mountains is that I make the trek to Everest base camp in Nepal. But I known the altitude effects on the human body, I have been at 5400 meters, or about 17800 feet. This slideshow comes from the website http://www.alpineascents.com

Christine, asking first about safety is EXACTLY what we wanted to hear. You have your priorities so right! Besides, it adds to the excitement wondering who summitted.

Next time we do this song, it will have new meaning:

You say the hill's too steep to climb
Climb it.
You say you'd like to see me try
Climbing.

You pick the place and I'll choose the time
And I'll climb
That hill in my own way.
Just wait a while for the right day.
And as I rise above the tree lines and the clouds
I look down, hearing the sound of the things you've said today.

Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd
Smiling.
Merciless the magistrate turns 'round
Frowning.

And who's the fool who wears the crown?
And go down,
in your own way
And every day is the right day
And as you rise above the fear-lines in his brow
You look down, hearing the sound of the faces in the crowd.

Fearless (Waters, Gilmour)
Come home safely, Team Dom. We're all here waiting for you. With 8,814 views so far, I think you'll be able to figure that out!

Last edited:
I know, me either, and I have a TON of work to do because I am headed to Alaska on FRIDAY!!!!! Yikes, and I haven't even done laundry or packed up Geneva's jammie bag. :eek:

Hope they call soon... I miss the little buggers. :(

re Team Dom

Thanks for keeping us updated. My husband told me he saw they were climbing. I feel so out of the loop. I will pray for them for their returned safety!!! Go Go and Arm. Beth and Adam say hi too and are praying for a safe hike all the way!!!!
Di