Wildcats

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tycho_32

Reaction score
Is it a viable option to climb to the WIldcat Ridge Trail via the ski trails? Basically is it allowed?

the only reason that I asked was cause Cannon doesnt allow it. Thanks for your reply.

It's steep, and exposed to the full force of the sun, but if you enjoy wading through waist-high weeds, it may be just what you're looking for.

I descended that way a couple years ago, and regretted it, as you've probably already guessed.

Is it easier than the WIldcat Ridge Trail--the section between 16 and the summit of E?

Wildcat Ridge trail is not that bad going up. I have a different recollection going down. I'm not a big fan of hiking on ski trails: no shade, little water, lots of bugs. I know you get good views, but you can do that on any nice winter day with skis on. I'd do the Wildcat Ridge - it's a very nice trail.

Wildcat Ridge trail is not that bad going up

We did this a week ago and the trail is great! Lots of interesting outlooks, splashes of sunlight and shade. We made the mistake of coming down the Catapult ski trail which was a brushy, steep mess. There are longer more gradual trails like Polecat, Bobcat etc. I ascended Sugarloaf via the steep ski trails and they were much easier for hiking than Wildcat.