Is there a site to buy/sell used gear?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawn Sale

Reaction score
Nobleboro, Maine Avatar: Even my shadow hikes!
I have some gear that is in nice shape that others could possibly use, and there is some I am still looking for, but I'd rather not pay full price. The latest and greatest, while nice, isn't that imperative as long as it's functional. I have seen people mention the 'spare' gear, or equipment gone by and was curious. I know this isn't the place, so can anyone recommend a site? I do some business on Ebay, but I didn't know if there was one specifically for people with our like interests.

Thanks in advance. :D

buy/sell

Depending on what it is, you may want to look at the Buy/Sell forum on www.backpacking.net (mostly lightweight gear since it's a lw site-click on backpacking community from the home page) or if it's ski or winter gear, try tele-turnaround on www.telemarktips.com Also, forgot to mention, www.craigslist.com - look for your area (such as Boston or NH)

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be nice to have one here at VFTT with a small cut going towards maintaining the site ... notice the emphasis on "small" ... :)

I've also suggested a paddling page but realize that it means more work and appreciate that its a volunteer effort ... all of which I and many others are very grateful.

Paddling

There's also the *review.com sites... like Outsidereview.com

Not half as good as they used to be. I used to frequent that site much more before I found VfTT..

Classified Links

I believe the basic ads are free, some of the picture or highlighted ads will cost a little.

BTW, Paddling trips can be posted in Trips and Events, as per the main page forum descriptions. I don't think the mods want full blown paddling topics, though I do not speak for them of course. There's always paddling.net, the AMC paddling forum, NE Paddlers, etc. etc.

Jay