Grafton Loop Trail.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chas

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Grafton Loop Trail has been completed? I see at their small website that the projected competeion date was for June 2006 but nothing stated beyond that.
I'm considering a backpack hike in that area in late July or August. If that is not completed I will probably do the AT stretch from Gorham to Grafton Notch, something I did years ago but that involves a car (or bicycle) spot.

Chas.

Chas, the western side isn't open yet, but the eastern side is. See the thread below titled "Grafton Loop Western Side" for more info.

Mayflower said:
Chas, the western side isn't open yet, but the eastern side is. See the thread below titled "Grafton Loop Western Side" for more info.

Mayflower, thanks. I just read that thread and what you had to say there. I don't know how I missed that one before :rolleyes:
I'll keep an eye open for further developments as my trip date draws near.

Chas.

Also, for anyone who will be passing over Long Mountain soon, if you're planning on visiting the true summit, please bring a sturdy piece of cord with you. When I was up there last weekend I found that the canister had fallen off the tree, and I didn't have anything on me with whick to tie it back on. The best I could do was fashion a very rough upright cradle for the jar to rest in, but the next stiff wind is just going to knock it to the ground again. The summit bump is less than 200 feet from the spur path going to the outlook, and you can tell you're at the correct one because there's some surveyor's tape tied to the canister tree.