LL Bean annual winter sale, nice deals

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawn Sale

Reaction score
Nobleboro, Maine Avatar: Even my shadow hikes!
I went to Freeport after work today and noticed they're having their annual winter sale, which is usually pretty good. The sale pertains to the main store, and the Outlet store had also some sweet deals.

In the main store most winter accessories (snowshoes, skiing, clothing, etc) are 30% off. In the outlet store it was 30% off the lowest tag price, which made for some nice savings. Down jackets for $24 (80/20 fill), 22" & 25" snowshoes for $55, skis & accessories 50% off, hats & gloves 50% off, and all outer gear (GTX hard shells, softshells, fleece, windbreakers, and outer pants included) were 30% off the lowest price. Most of the clothing is already marked down, but this makes it even better. As an example, the Marmot Rime jacket was marked down from $180 to $119, then another 30% off makes it $83.30.

I bought some down slippers for $15 from the main store.

Just thought I'd post for anyone looking to get some new gear.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post Lawn Sale.

Because of you, I went to the Nashua Outlet on Saturday to return some boots and use a giftcard, but with all of the discounts I ended up with $4 back from the boots and a full giftcard.

Best deal of the day: Kids 16" Winter Walker snowshoes. Regularly $39.95, reduced to $26.95, and then again by 50% to $13.48. Can't beat it.

All of the winter "gear" like skis and snowshoes was 50% off.
Smitty

OK, last post

I just same from the main flagship store, which now has all MSR snowshoes for 50% off. That's right ladies and gents, that means 1/2 off the Lightning, Denali, both with or without televators, or any other combination of MSR snowshoes. This is a stavin' deal. I almost bought a set, but can't justify it with 7 or 8 pairs laying around.

I also saw a set of women's Atlas 1025's for $80, but they were at the outlet store. They also had 1/4 zip poly base layer longsleeve tops for $10, as well as base layer undies.

Last edited:
At least the sales can make up for their inflated prices, which I will not pay anymore.
I have been a Beans' shopper for years, and have witnessed their decline in quality and their increase in pricing. It used to be commonplace for their items to be made here, now mostly everything is imported, but they have retained the high pricing.
I imagine the profit margins have gone up for them with all the imported clothing and the American prices.
The only time I buy from them now is a sale, or when I accumulate my ten dollar coupons from my Bean's credit card.
Mentioning creidt cards, I have a Bean's card and a Bass Pro card which are both issued through Back of America. MY Bean's card is 17%, and my Bass Pro card is 6%. I called and asked why when it is the same bank, why I can't get the same rate with Bean's as I do with Bass Pro. The bank could do nothing to make them the same. I guess it is however the stores do their business with the Bank. It just doesn't seem fair.
Take care, Eric

I have no love for Bean's, but will take advantage of their sales.

But, Bean's has nothing to do with the CC rate, that is all BOA (formerly MBNA). If you threaten to shut off the card, they will lower it. I have a close friend that works there in "Customer Retention", and her only job is to keep people from leaving.

The affiliation is just so you can get kickbacks from that company, they have nothing to do with the rate.

I just heard the Freeport outlet store will be closing (not for good...they are just relocating it) and they will be having a BIG sale from Feb 16 -24th. It will be open 24 hours a day and they will be restocking daily and having late night special deals.

-MEB

Yep, a little more detail here
MEB said:
I just heard the Freeport outlet store will be closing (not for good...they are just relocating it) and they will be having a BIG sale from Feb 16 -24th. It will be open 24 hours a day and they will be restocking daily and having late night special deals.

-MEB