North Isolation location

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellow dog

Reaction score
Which bump is the actual north isolation peak? I can't seem to point it out exactly on the map. I hear it is not far off the trail. Is there a canister there too?

yellow dog said:
Which bump is the actual north isolation peak? I can't seem to point it out exactly on the map.
It is marked as PT 4293 on my 24K topo. ~.1 mi north of the junction between the Davis Path and West Isolation Tr. The Davis path goes just to the east of it.

Doug

yellow dog said:
Which bump is the actual north isolation peak? I can't seem to point it out exactly on the map. I hear it is not far off the trail. Is there a canister there too?
If you would look at genuine topo maps it is not hard to match the elevation on the list:
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=44.23215&lon=-71.30506&datum=nad27&layer=DRG

The summit is flattish and hard to be sure what is highest, never have seen a canister but maybe one is someplace. There is a herd path to one possible high point.

N. Isolation

You'll see the broken twigs we created while stomping around a couple weeks ago. You'll know when you get to the top because, as the Davis Path heads North, you will get a good peek down and across to Boott Spur if the weather is good. The flat summit hump is pretty obvious. We got 4293' on the GPS, but could not locate a canister. Have fun!