Veterans Free Parking on Veterans Day

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah! Great! I have already purchased my yearly pass. Not to mention I'll only be 200 miles distant from the mountains. Just once, I'd like to get a veterans day off (during the week) or catch a break on one of the "perks". :eek: :D

Keith

Rick said:
So then do we need to carry our DD form 214 with us??

Yeah, 214, 215, whatever it takes ...

(And what movie did that line come from?)

Mr.Mom but it was more of an electricians ref. 2-20 2-21 whatever it takes. But anyway, what do you need to show for the free parking?

Sorry, but my DD214 won't leave the safety of a safe. That's one hard earned piece of paper I will never risk losing. I'd rather pay to park.
Damon

>How should veterans identify themselves for free parking on Veterans Day,
>or will it be free for everyone like new citizens day?

Thanks for asking the question. Our fee collectors and compliance personnel will err on the side of inclusion rather than exclusion which means we will employ the honor system. Documentation is not required and we will not question any visitor’s claim to connection with the military. If a vehicle does not have a recreation pass and no one is present at the time our compliance personnel come through the recreation site we will make the assumption that the vehicle belongs to a member of the military or their family.

Marianne Leberman
Recreation & Wilderness Program Leader
White Mountain National Forest
(603) 528-8751
email: [email protected]

Please tell me that she really means "the compliance people will be otherwise engaged" on that day and not actually checking for compliance...
As this is a holiday anyway it might make sense to give people the day off, except that some pass checkers also do law enforcement or litter pickup as their primary duty

And to the extent that pass checkers may deter auto breakins, illegal camping, etc. it is probably not wise to say you gave them the day off even if you did :)