Memorial Day weekend parking

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy

Reaction score
I was wondering if people have had trouble parking in the NY High Peaks regions on previous Memorial Day weekends. I was thinking about going up this weekend and probably parking at AMC or Adirondack Loj parking lots.

Thanks,
Andy

Maybe I've just been lucky, but ........
every Memorial Day Weekend between 1997 and 2002 I have been arriving as early as 6AM and late as 7:15AM and never had a problem at the Adirondak Loj. But take that with a grain of salt, the previous posters live closer than I do and have more experience in that area. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if the number of people increase every year, so getting there before I did is probably good advice.
Just my two cents ....

parking

i think it was last year , we got to hike via the adk lodge property but had to park on the road in. added a bit more to the walk but no biggy.
has anyone hiked up there this week? any updates on the black fly situation?

It won't help this year, but save this for future reference. My brothers and I have, in past years, hiked the 'daks the week before Memorial Day. This weekend is a holiday weekend in Canada (Victoria Day). We have encountered lots and lots of parking traffic at all the popular lots. The Elk Lake lot was full by 10:00 am Friday morning and the Loj lot was near capacity.

If you hike this weekend, you will also likely hear lots of French spoken on the trails by visiting French Canadians.