Black Rock

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black Rock Forest

I believe you are referring to the Black Rock Forest which is a nature preserve operated by the Black Rock Consortium. The forest is west of US 9W near Cornwall NY and just north of the West Point. There is a nice and extensive network of old roads and trails, 1400' hills, a pleasant collection of ponds, and the seasonal Mineral Springs waterfall in the southwest corner. The trails also connect with the Storm King State Park. The trail map is map 7 in the West Hudson Trails map set available from the New York New Jersey trail conference. Trail description are in the New York Walk Book, also published by the NYNJ trail conference. Black Rock is a 1410' hill on the Stillman Trail and has a nice view. The name is descriptive of the black Precambrian granite and gneiss.

The forest is open in daylight hours only, no camping. Mountain Biking is restricted to the old roads and for members of the Black Rock Bike Club only.

just being funny...

Art,
Are you an architect?

Re: just being funny...

Rivet said:
Art,
Are you an architect?

Of course not....everyone knows Vandelay Industries makes rubber products. :D

- d

ps: if the Black Rock that you are talking about is the one about 1/4 mile off of Barney's Joy beach in S. Dartmouth, it is a good spot to kayak to and go spear fishing.

Or...

There are quite a few Black Rocks aren't there.

There's a Black Rock State Park in the Thomaston, CT area. The Connecticut Walk Book has trail info for it.

I don't know much about it. I biked there a few years ago and I understand there are some trails. The CFPA site might lead you somewhere (or at least to a walk book) if that's the Black Rock...

www.ctwoodlands.org

Vandalay industries? Latex ;)

"You're my latex salesman? I don't think so."