Bald Mountain (by Cannon and Echo Lake), today (5-8-09) at 6pm

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrishandAlex

Reaction score
The girls and I will be on Bald Mountain from 6pm until 7:30 or so, unless we get rained out. Husband will either be with us from the start or he'll join us later.

The summit of Bald Mountain is 0.4 miles from the trailhead. Trailhead is in the parking lot across from Peabody Slopes on Cannon.

I-93 to exit 34C, drive half a mile (going past parking lot for Echo Lake) until you see "hiker parking" on right. Park there, walk through large ski parking lot to trailhead.

We're going to hang out, eat, read, play cards and pretend to play chess (girls and I are learning).

Come on by if you feel like it!

Sorry I have not been able to make this due to work. Looks like an excellent place to bring my grill, steaks, chicken pork medallions, garlic bread... anybody starting to get hungry yet!;) Honest it really looks like a sweet spot to spend an evening and relax.

Chess is pretty deep for a trail game with all its unique players and rules. Queens start on their own color, lighter queen player goes first. Castling is one that gets things interesting sometimes. Love to run and hide for stalemate if the game's in the crapper!:D

We just got back -- we were on our own today, which is okay...maybe we'll get company next time...:p

Believe me DaveBear, chess is NOT deep when my daughters play. All they want to do is move the knight around because knights get to jump over the others. So they do that until all the knights get captured. Then my 4 year old just wants to move the Queen around, since she's a Queen, and Alex just wants to move the pawns. There is zero strategy involved. I figure one day they'll want to "do it right".... :rolleyes: