Lake Street and Nye Pond...July 3rd, 2009

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WinterWarlock

Reaction score
Yes, it was wet...could you guess?

First, I'd like to officially request my wife's forum name be changed to "Hikes with No Views"...five peaks for her now, and not a view ever, not even on Cascade! At least with Street/Nye we didn't miss much, I guess, but come on...could the weather gods give her a break! (She did decide she's going to shoot for a new version of the 46 - no views ever! ) :confused:

Left the Loj around 9AM, figured it might rain off and on throughout the day...made it to the Street/Nye junction and was mostly dry, albeit muddy as all get out. Five minutes up to Street and the skies opened up. Not a sprinkle, but a deluge. And it continued that way back to the junction, up to Nye and just about all the way back to the Loj. All the rain made the brook crossing a little different going out than coming in, as the water levels had already risen, but nothing too bad. But with the rain and the mud, my boots are still drying out three days later! :eek:

Oh yea - don't ask about pictures...I left my memory card for the camera in the laptop on my desk, so couldn't take any! Hopefully the couple pics Pam took from her cell phone worked because that's all we had. :( :eek:

Stopped by RandomScoots cabin that night to meet PA Ridgerunner and Muddybottom...nice to finally meet you, and hope you had a good rest of the weekend.

Sheesh, kind of sounds like my experience with the Whites! :)

Confirms for me how the weather was in the ADKs this past weekend.

Despite the lack of views, sometimes I feel that just the wet and wild woods is enough to make a hike pretty and it does separate the flim from the truly dedicated peak-baggers and climbers in us all! :)

Jay