vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chomp

Reaction score
I've been thinking a lot about my 512th post lately, and what is means. At first, I thought about all the great and exciting trip reports that I've posted over the years. But as great as those posts are, they only tell part of the story.

My 512th post should be a celebration not only of my trip reports, but also of all the wonderful advice that I've dispensed over the years. I guess I should start with a big Thank You to all all of you here who know less than I do. Without your questions, I'd never have been able to provide the insightful answers that have helped me reach 512.

I've also, on occasion, posted a witty or sarcastic response to some posts. For those of you who have gotten my sardonic sense of humor and encouraged me over the years with green squares - thank you. And for those of you who didn't get my sense of humor... I think you encouraged me the most, so thank you as well.

But this post should be a celebration, not a recap, and given that its a VFTT post is should be about hiking. Considering all the people that I owe thanks to, I wanted to do something special. I wanted to give something back to the community. And what better gift is there to give, especially in this season of giving, than the gift of... me! Thanks everyone for making this day happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pON1h2hhZW0

There's one picture of you in gloves... but none with you wearing the Smittens. How come? Like the naughty kittens, did you lose your Smittens??!

Congratulations, and I would personally like to thank you for knowing so much more than I do and doing so many better things than I could ever do.

And it has not gone unnoticed that your total is none other than 1000 in that one true numeric base for those who have not all thumbs like myself, but no thumbs at all like you.

And lastly may your expertise to post number ration go ever higher as you post frequency goes ever lower.

Greatfully yours

Last edited:
WOW! 512 ! What else can be said AMAZING! If you decide to sell commemorative T-shirts (non-cotton) or bumper stickers I would be honored to purchase many of them, what great Christmas gifts!:rolleyes: This could be the beginning of a whole new movement!.......speaking of movements, I have to go "512" now:eek:.....

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.