Can you identify these picture locations?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kurchian

Reaction score
I recently ran across some pictures that my father took in the Whites in the 1950's.

Can anyone help me with identifying the locations?

1. Cathedral or White Horse Ledge, North Conway. Looks like Carter Notch on the left in the background.

2. View of Dodges Drop, Hillman's Highway, and Lower Snowfield (L to R) from "Hojos." Just below Tuckerman Ravine proper.

3. Looks like NH Route 16 south of Pinkham Notch looking up towards the ravines.

I also agree with all 3, although my first impression of #1 was Whiteface (mostly because of the farm below) until I realized that the mountains in the distance didn't make sense for that view.

I have a number of pictures of Hillman's Highway that look pretty much exactly like #2 except for flagpole.

I'm in agreement with all of the previous answers. To get more specific, I think that may be rt. 16 @ Dana Place Inn.

Thanks for posting those pics, especially #3 - it brought back memories. My Dad used to ski jump off the ramp in Berlin many years ago, and my Mom would drive us thru Pinkham Notch from time-to-time to show us the jump. Went away to college/USAF in the late 60's/early 70's, and when I came back - the road had changed a great deal.