Limekiln Lake Hiking/Fishing mid-October

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrown

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for any first-hand info on Limekiln Lake (just south of Inlet, NY) especially regarding the condition of the trails, perhaps if anyone has a favorite trail to hike in via; and also if anyone has had good luck this time of year fishing there.

I'd basically just like to do a day-hike and maybe try some fishing, so I picked Limekiln partly because I've never been there, and partly because the season for trout is year-round and I'm planning on being there on the 17th (2 days after the regular season ends.)

So, aside from the developed portions on the East and North sides, there is one trail coming in from Moose River Rd. on the East side, another from a road labeled alternately Rock Dam Rd. or Indian Lake Rd on the South, and another couple coming from different locations on South Shore Rd. on the North side and ending up near the State Campground. Any suggestions?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I haven't hiked those, but have been in to West Canada Lakes, which is about 7 miles in, also hiked, carried a canoe into many of the lakes and ponds which are well worth the trips. (Most under 5m RT). And a good chance to spot a moose, otter, loon and other things.
Free camping and the fishing is good earlier, 4wd or chains required when hunting opens.