BSP Winter

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ytmountains

Reaction score
Could someone enlighten me on how many cabins are available in winter at Daicey and at Kidney Ponds. I have check the BSP website and they state 2@DP with capacity of 4 ea, and 2@KP with capacity of 6 ea. Can anyone confirm. I know that I can call them on Monday morning but I will only have internet access and no phone access for a few days. :confused: Thanks so much

thanks Spencer I was hoping for you to reply. One more thing, if group limit is 10 you would need 2 groups to fill kidney? or do they waive that for that site thanks. Are you heading up tomorrow for reservations?

Last edited:
Party limit is 10 no matter where you go. I don't know of any reason you couldn't have "2 groups of 6" but it kind of defeats the purpose. Just be nice when you are out on the trails and don't keep everyone together, I guess.

I'm headed there in the morning. I'm aiming to leave my house around 6. You are in Portland, right? Make sure to say hello. I'll probably be wearing a tan carhartt jacket. I'm not as tall as my avatar implies.

A couple of those cabins will be brand new - being constructed as we "speak."
The Nesowadnehunk bunkhouse is being rebuilt soon as well, and may hold more than the current one that holds 4. I got conflicting info on that one form the reservation office, so I'm gonna call back later in the season to see what the status is.

twigeater said:
The Nesowadnehunk bunkhouse is being rebuilt soon as well, and may hold more than the current one that holds 4.

I was there this morning and Stewart told us about it. The one at Nesowadnehunk is part way up and is exactly like the new one at Daicey. I think they hold 6 or 8. I didn't catch the exact number, only that they are big!

The Nesowadnehunk one won't be ready for this winter.

spencer

Nice! Thanks Spencer.

Supposedly the web site is updated with the changes in the new winter handbook. Do you get the BSP annual report, Spencer?