Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fastest known time.

Speaking of bushwhacks. Does this count Mme. iceNsnow?

Garden-Shorey Short Cut-Basin Ampitheatre-Basin Slides-Sawteeth-Weld Trail-AMR Road-St-Huberts parking area. (Bushwhacking is in purple).

If interested it's this Saturday.

(Wag the Dog with Hoffman was a good flick.)

Thumbs up

I wouldn't expect anything less from you Neil! We must climb the mts b/c they are there. :-)

Sat. we have plans so I will need to read your report instead.... but that may take as long as the hike??

Basin's amphitheater is a pretty neat place. Odly enough it is a very easy bushwhack to get to it, above is another story altogether!

So there are lists and there are Lists and there is the list that counts which is whatever goal we set for ourselves. How could it count for somebody else, since no one will be able to follow exactly the same route under similar conditions and I have not even thinking of the flies that can drive one crazy while hugging the tender loving spruce trees.

Flies

Oddly enough I have only been plagued by flies (deer flies) on one hike this summer.

Raven (have you read "Mind of the Raven"?), speaking of making one's own lists the ADK46-B is actually nested within my own personal list of 125 (or 128) peaks that is an amalgamation of 4 lists, in whole or in part, each of which using slightly different criteria regarding col depth, distances rules, and whether or not there is a path or private property anywhere on the mountain.

I'm in the 120's but somewhere around 110 as whacks. Still need Moose, McKenzie, Averill, Lyon and Noonmark as whacks plus 10 of the 46.

I will not go back and re-do the list from each of the 4 compass points, barefoot, on full moons, in every month of the year, backwards......

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Speaking of bushwhacks. Does this count Mme. iceNsnow?

Garden-Shorey Short Cut-Basin Ampitheatre-Basin Slides-Sawteeth-Weld Trail-AMR Road-St-Huberts parking area. (Bushwhacking is in purple).

If interested it's this Saturday.

(Wag the Dog with Hoffman was a good flick.)
    I think you know these all count on "my SWN list" I am looking forward to joining you on this holy mother of elevation gained and lost and gained again

I will not go back and re-do the list from each of the 4 compass points, barefoot, on full moons, in every month of the year, backwards......
    ....or naked
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey

Clearly you are not very serious about this hiking stuff...

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by ADKJack View Post
    I am looking forward to joining you on this holy mother of elevation gained and lost and gained again
    Regarding elevation, it is better to have gained and lost than not to have lost at all.

...we check them off against a list that was established by someone other than ourselves. Correct?
    Not everyone
    "I've been kicked by the wind, robbed by the sleet, had my head snowed in, and I'm still on my feet, and I'm still,...willin"

Quote Originally Posted by John H Swanson View Post
    Not everyone
    Now that's brilliant! Not too many people could have posted that.

Raven (have you read "Mind of the Raven"?), speaking of making one's own lists the ADK46-B is actually nested within my own personal list of 125 (or 128) peaks that is an amalgamation of 4 lists, in whole or in part, each of which using slightly different criteria regarding col depth, distances rules, and whether or not there is a path or private property anywhere on the mountain.
    I've not read "Mind of the Raven" but may have seen a documentary/interview about it IIRC. Watched them figure out how to use a tool to open something to get food. Fascinating birds. I've heard great things about the book though.

Sounds like a cool list.
    Humankind has not woven the web of life.
    We are but one thread within it.
    Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
    All things are bound together.
    All things connect.
    ~ Chief Seattle, 1854 ~