Tom and Atticus on NHPTV tonight

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerry13

Reaction score
Otter River, Mass Avatar: Leisurely winter hike o
For those of you, like me, who just loved "Following Atticus", Wilhelm Lang host of Windows to the Wild on NHPTV will be hiking with Tom and Atti tonight, 8:30. It is also on several other times this week. Listing of other times in attachment.

http://www.nhptv.org/schedule/summary.aspx?progId=WindowstotheWild809

For those who don't get NHPTV on TV here is a link to archived shows. which I found this week, and it appears that the segment should show up in about a week. Lots of other archived shows available to watch here. So glad I found it. Use to enjoy watching WTTW then my cable provider here in Mass decided not to carry NHPTV any longer. Enjoy

http://video.nhptv.org/program/windows-wild/

A million thanks for posting this. I LOVE IT. At the moment I am watching the "old timers" but looks like they will all be great. We have nothing like this on our PTV.

Maddy

A friend just informed me that the Tom and Atticus segment will also be aired on WGBHPTV out of Boston tonight at 8:30 also for those who don't have access to NHPTV. That's channel 2 on Comcast in Mass.

It is channel 2 on Comcast here in Southern, NH as well.

Less than an hour and a half to go!

Thank you for posting this Kerry13, I probably would have surfed right past it.

Z:D

Thanks for telling us about this show airing on NHPTV. I watched it last night and after reading the book and listening to Tom talk, I felt like I knew them some. I have never met them but listening to Tom speak during the interview was very moving. I had tears in my eyes. I feel the same way about being out in the forests and mountains. It is my place to renew, refresh, resort, organize my thoughts and goals and to find true and happy purpose in this world of rushing around. When I am hiking I can slow down, defragment and simply enjoy the natural world the way I did as a child.

Shared the links with some older hiking friends and they are very inspired by these films.
They to wanted to say thanks for posting the links.

Tom and Atti are very special. We will surely enjoy that vid. Have not heard much about them lately.

Last edited:
Saturday afternoon, Tom was interviewed for an hour on New England Cable News’s ‘‘The Massachusetts School of Law Educational Forum.’’ According to the Following Atticus Facebook post on the program (which I discovered hours after catching the end of the episode), the show will be repeated on July 1 on Comcast SportsNet, whatever that is.

Just watched the episode with Tom and Atticus, it was really special. I haven't seen them since the book came out so it was good to catch up a bit. I think they've both put on a bit of weight. :) But there's no question that sweet chemistry is still there, perhaps more than ever.

Tom's comments about hiking alone with your dog were so, so true. It's something a lot of people, I think, don't understand.

The choice of hikes reminded me that that's one more place I'd like to see before I leave. I've got it on my list.

I don't know if it will happen but I would love to see them both again some time. Hugs to Atticus.