Boy Mountain (near Jefferson, NH) via Boy Mountain Path (04-Apr-2013)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1HappyHiker

Reaction score
The trail was in great shape, thanks to the Carter-Bridgman family who maintain this trail and allow hikers access to it on their private land. It's always a bit uncomfortable to walk up their private driveway to access the trail, but apparently this family has no problem with it since they continue to allow this trail to be listed in the White Mountain Guide.

I was surprised that the trail corridor was snow-covered (with a depth of about 7+ inches) all the way from the trailhead to the viewpoint near the top of the mountain. Since I had not brought snowshoes, I was thankful that the snowpack was firm enough for bare-booting without creating postholes.

The trail isn't blazed, but is generally easy to follow. Abrupt changes of direction are marked with a wooden arrow attached to a tree. If there is no arrow, and you're unsure which way to go, chances are good that the proper course of action is to just continue straight ahead. As you approach the viewpoint near the top of the mountain, there are (or were at the time of my hike) a series of pink flagging-tape markers to lead you to the viewpoint.

Photos are located at my BLOG.