Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baxter State Park From The North Gate

No comparison with Roaring Brook since the day hiker rush is minimal at best. I have had lean to 1 or 2 in the past and either 9 or 10 (out in the back of the site). I havent used the walk ins but if I remember correctly they are up in the woods a bit from the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    No comparison with Roaring Brook since the day hiker rush is minimal at best. I have had lean to 1 or 2 in the past and either 9 or 10 (out in the back of the site). I havent used the walk ins but if I remember correctly they are up in the woods a bit from the pond.
    Yes Site #36 shows as a 0.3 mile walk and the lean to a bit farther but the map indicates they have their own toilets. Site #36 looks like it is right on the water. Must be pretty awesome but I couldn't find much for pictures online. Everything is pretty much the beach looking out to the mountains. I wish the Baxter maps were more detailed so you could get a better idea of how wooded or not wooded a site is. Google satellite was not helpful.

And by comps to Roaring Brook I meant the sites physical appearance (tree cover, isolation factor, aesthetic appeal, etc) not crowds, noise, etc. The walk in sites at Roaring Brook are very nice.
    Last edited by DayTrip; 07-19-2019 at 08:23 AM.
    NH 48 4k: 48/48; NH W48k: 46/48; NY 46: 6/46