hiking gear web sites

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VFTTop'r

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any used gear web sites or any recent web site additions* for hiking gear at reasonable prices?

*In addition to:
ebay, campmor,ll bean, sierria, backcountry, rei, ems, etc.

I have purchased from northernmountain.com many times over the years. It's not the most high-tech, user-friendly website, but the service has always been good.

Bentgate.com has great sales, often including in-season gear.

they might try something like that here, maybe charge a listing fee or commission on transactions.
we've all got stuff that we need and stuff that we have.

Chip said:
they might try something like that here, maybe charge a listing fee or commission on transactions.
we've all got stuff that we need and stuff that we have.

Yeah, that's a good idea, maybe a used gear page on VFTT and a per transaction fee could be applied to Darrens charity of choice.

I'd rather give it to these guys than Ebay.
I don't know how this site is supported, maybe I should know, but I don't.
There's nothing wrong with earning a commission on a win/win transaction.
I'm sure the prices and descriptions of items here would be better than what you see elsewhere.
Heck, we'll see each other on the trail at some point.
That's bound to keep us honest.

YOu can get incredible deals at Outdoor Outlet Here
They are the Kelty Factory liquidators and typically have a lot of Kelty 2nds at up to 50% or even 70% off. Be sure to click on "Outrageous deals on the top right hand side of the menu.

You can also try Eureka Camping CenterHere
They are the factory Liquidators for Eureka, Camp Trails and a few other outdoor companies under the Johnson Worldwide umbrella. You can get great deals on 2nds here as well.

backcountry.com always has mad good deals and they provide free shipping on orders over $50 and free tracking. altrec.com is another.