Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: York Pond Road Gate being Locked!

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi View Post
    I too think of this as my own trail, as I look at the back of it from my home. Hadn't been out there in several years, but tried it today from the hatchery. Still as wonderful as ever, even though the bugs were relentless. The breeze from the top and the stellar day made up for it. As usual I had it all to myself and found myself thinking that I was happy that more people might check it out, as the trail is filling in. It is very easy to follow and today you had to pay attention so as not to mow down the Lady Slippers that were everywhere. Saw my first one within minutes. They are literaly popping out on the trail. Only saw two other people at the end of the day. 2 cars there at 9:30 and the same 2 there at 3. One out by the gate. Signs say the gate is open from 8 to 4
    Are we talking about the same Gate? The OP was about the Gate on York Pond Road. I have not been up Mill Brook Road since the 70's and have forgotten. Is there another Fish Hatchery with a gate there also? If so is that also closing at 4PM?
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey

Mill Brook Trail is not accessed from Mill Brook Road, it is accessed from York Pond road. Unknown Pond trail North is the trailhead that leaves Mill Brook road. I think long ago Mill Brook trail may have connected up with Mill Brook road but was discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    Mill Brook Trail is not accessed from Mill Brook Road, it is accessed from York Pond road. Unknown Pond trail North is the trailhead that leaves Mill Brook road. I think long ago Mill Brook trail may have connected up with Mill Brook road but was discontinued.
    Thanks for refreshing my memory. I was also to lazy to look at the map. 45 years is a long time.
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey