Greetings & Searching for overnight 4-season hiking group.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBrad121

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm Bradley, and I am a new member here.

I come to the forum a day hiker, but I am in search of a group of individuals who do overnight hiking/camping trips. I've checked Meetup but haven't found specifically what I am looking for. I was hoping there was a group that presently ventures out in New England for overnight hikes year-round. Anything like that out there?

I look forward to interacting with you all here on VFTT :)

Respectfully,

Bradley

Bradley,

The Boston AMC is currently preparing its Winter Hiking Program. (I used to run it in, public disclosure). It's quite good, they offer tons of trips, including backpacks, and as importantly, you get to meet a lot of folks and can get onto winter AMC backpacks easily if you graduate from the program.

WHP is probably going to be somewhat different this year, but it's still one of the best ways to meet people who are interested in taking new people on winter backpacks. There aren't too many groups formed around meeting new people for winter backpacks simply because it's a very committing thing to take on with somebody you don't already know in some way. (That said, that's how B the Hiker and I met, and we still hike together...)

WHP is probably going to be somewhat different this year, but it's still one of the best ways to meet people who are interested in taking new people on winter backpacks. There aren't too many groups formed around meeting new people for winter backpacks simply because it's a very committing thing to take on with somebody you don't already know in some way. (That said, that's how B the Hiker and I met, and we still hike together...)

Bradley,

Since you are in Amesbury you might want to check out the NH chapter of the AMC for their upcoming activities.

A quick search reveals there are a few backpacking trips listed. Also, their annual meeting is October 24.

It's a difficult time to hook up with new folks due to Covid. But the NH chapter is doing its best to keep functioning.